WE NEED YOU!
Volunteering your time, talent, and energy to the Helena Symphony is a great way to reap significant cultural and social benefits while providing vital support to the Symphony’s music-making. In addition to receiving complimentary tickets to most performances, volunteering with the Symphony gives you an up-close look at the inner workings of the organization, and exposure to the musicians of the HSO&C as well as internationally-noted guest artists.
Your work allows us to reach nearly 25,000 people every year. Help continue the artistry of the oldest and the largest full time performing arts organization in Helena – the Helena Symphony Orchestra & Chorale.
- Patron Services:
- Box Office – at the Symphony office and in the lobby before concerts
- Will Call – in the lobby before concerts
- Merchandise – assisting with sales of recordings, art prints, etc. at concerts
- Usher – assisting concertgoers in the concert hall with seating and programs
- Office Support – phone support, mailings, photocopying, database entry, special projects
- Fundraisers & Special Events
- Artist Relations – Musician Housing & Hospitality and Guest Artist Hospitality
- Education & Community Engagement
- Symphony Kids – in the lobby before the Saturday morning free concerts
- Youth Concert – assist at the concert hall with seating of schools
- Symphony Under the Stars – needs over 100 volunteers for merchandise booth, ushering for reserved seating, program distribution, parking guards, golf cart ransportation of special needs patrons, food donation collection, and more
THE HELENA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA & CHORALE
The Helena Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional 75-member orchestra. Working under a collective bargaining agreement, the HSO auditions musicians throughout Montana and other states in order to ensure artistic integrity that meets the vision and mission of the organization. The Helena Symphony Chorale, an auditioned 100-voice symphonic chorus, continues to serve as the most active chorus in Montana as they perform on nearly half of the concert series. The Symphony offers between 14-18 performances each season, including the masterworks subscription series, non-series concerts, education programs, and school visits.