The Helena Symphony Orchestra & Chorale is committed to providing access and assistance to our patrons with disabilities. As we operate/perform in buildings that we do not own, some accessibility issues are not in our control. Please contact Scott Kall, Director of Patron Services, at [email protected] or call 406.442.1860 to ask questions or get more information regarding accessibility. If you need telephone assistance, please call Montana Relay by dialing 711.
Parking and Access:
Helena Symphony Offices, 2 N Last Chance Gulch, Suite 1: The building currently used by the Helena Symphony offices, including the Box Office, is not ADA accessible. There are numerous steps to the inner office doors, and there is no elevator in the building. If there is a need to personally visit a staff member, please call the office to arrange an alternate location to meet.
Helena Civic Center, 340 Neill Avenue: Accessible parking is available in the Civic Center Parking Lot on the north side of the building. The accessible parking spots are in the southwest corner of the lot.
- The nearest parking garage in the area is the Great Northern Town Center Parking Garage, which is about three blocks away from the front doors.
- Parking in residential areas near the Civic Center requires a permit (during daytime hours), and you could be ticketed. Most streets near the Civic Center require permits to park during regular weekday work hours.
- On-street parking is not allowed on Benton Avenue, nor on Neill Avenue in front of the building.
- There is no designated “drop-off” area for the Civic Center.
Access: A set of doors for entry into the Civic Center is located near the southwest corner of the Civic Center Parking Lot. However, the Lobby and doors to the Auditorium are located at the opposite end of the building.
- The hallway leading to the Lobby is essentially a long, steep ramp and does not comply with ADA guidelines. It is recommended that those in wheelchairs use the sidewalk along Benton Avenue to get to the front doors of the Civic Center.
- There is no elevator access to the Lobby or Auditorium.
Cathedral of Saint Helena, 530 N Ewing St: Accessible parking is available in the parking lot on the north side of the Cathedral.
- There is also a driveway leading to the doors at the south entrance, which can be used for drop-off, and parking designated as accessible parking only.
- On-street parking is available in the blocks surrounding the Cathedral, with the exception of 11th Avenue.
Access: Enter through the lower level (Brondel Center), and take the elevator located in the hallway up to the sanctuary level.
- Entry through the south doors will put you at the sanctuary level.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 512 Logan St: Accessible parking is available in the parking lot directly east of the main doors.
- Access: Enter through the main doors on the east entrance of the church. There is elevator access to all three levels of the church.
Helena Civic Center: ADA seating areas are located in the arena floor in front of the stage. These seats are only available for purchase by phone (406.442.1860) or visiting the Symphony Box Office (2 N Last Chance Gulch, Suite 1). Please indicate when purchasing tickets that you are in need of wheelchair and/or companion seating.
- The Helena Civic Center does not provide wheelchairs or walkers, nor does the HSO.
- Patrons who choose to sit in one of the theater seats or arena chairs may store their wheelchairs/walkers nearby in the arena area. Our ushers will be happy to help you with your storage needs.
Cathedral of Saint Helena: There are numerous locations that can accommodate wheelchairs. Please contact the Symphony Box Office if you require wheelchair and companion seating.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church: There are numerous locations that can accommodate wheelchairs. Please contact the Symphony Box Office if you require wheelchair and companion seating.
Helena Civic Center: Most restrooms in the Civic Center are ADA accessible, including those in the Lobby.
Cathedral of St. Helena: Accessible restrooms can be found in the lower level of the church. Take the elevator near the north entrance to get to the lower level—restrooms are located in the adjacent hallway.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church: Accessible restrooms can be found on all three levels of the church. All are located across from the elevator doors on each floor.
Large Print Programs:
The program page and musician rosters for each performance are available in a large print format. Please request one at least 72 hours in advance of the performance from Scott Kall, Director of Patron Services, at 406.442.1860. They can be picked up at the Symphony Box Office (2 N Last Chance Gulch, Suite 1) by the Friday prior to the concert (before 4:00 pm), or have them waiting for you at the ticket table at the Venue.
Most Helena Symphony concerts will not have hearing assistance available. Exceptions will be an occasional concert at the Helena Civic Center where sound is being run through the house P.A. system. Contact the Symphony Box Office before each concert to check on availability.