The Helena Symphony Society Foundation secures and maintains an endowment to support the future growth and financial security of the Helena Symphony Orchestra & Chorale. The Helena Symphony Foundation is undertaking the task of raising a robust endowment that shall be invested for producing annual income for the Helena Symphony Society, Inc. Your gift is a true legacy, a perpetually renewed commitment to maintaining the highest quality music in Helena.
The Foundation Board regards maintenance of donor gifts essential to its integrity as well as requirement by Montana Law.
- Gifts made to the Helena Symphony Foundation endowment last in perpetuity. Your gift will continue to support the impact and work of the Helena Symphony for decades after you donate.
- Donors may qualify their gifts for the Montana Endowment Tax Credit. See Montana State University Tax Extension Tax Guide for general information about the Charitable Gift Annuities. (https://www.montana.edu/extension/glacier/4-h_files/TaxCreditDonationMontGuide.pdf)
- A variety of charitable gifts may qualify for income tax deductions.
- Properly structured endowment gifts may cost the donors as little as 10% of the total gift.
- Tax rules can be complex, the Helena Symphony Society Foundation can provide further guidance for donors. Please call 406.443.1040 for further information.
Established in 1996, the Helena Symphony Foundation is dedicated to the lasting health and legacy of the Helena Symphony Orchestra & Chorale. Established by a group of dedicated Helena community members, the Helena Symphony Society Foundation was created to secure the future of symphonic music, artistic advancement, and community impact. Over the last 10 years, the Foundation has provided over $155,000 in financial support to the Helena Symphony without diminishing the original principal of its donor’s gifts. The Helena Symphony Foundation has helped to support the Helena Symphony throughout the more than 20-year tenure of Maestro Allan R. Scott and has been instrumental in the evolution and growth of the Helena Symphony’s annual operating budget and orchestra.
The Helena Symphony Society Foundation hopes to raise an endowment of $5,000,000 over the next several decades.
Helena Symphony Society Foundation Board of Directors
Ross Cannon, Esq. – President
Joan Poston, Esq. – Vice President
Darien G. Scott – Secretary
Thomas C. Morrison, Esq. – Treasurer
Cameron Betchey – ex officio
In memory of…
Kathleen Wellman Coffey Morrison & Edmund Dunham Morrison, Jr.
Louise Watts Frank
• Individual Gift
• Estate Gift
• Memorial and Honorary Gifts