The Orchestra Librarian is responsible for providing and organizing all of the music needed for performances to the Orchestra, conducting staff, and for maintaining and curating the Orchestra’s library of parts and scores.
As a member of the Artistic Administration, the Orchestra Librarian coordinates concert production with other staff members, participates in artistic planning, and works directly with the Music Director, Director of Artistic Planning, and the musicians of the Helena Symphony Orchestra.
The duties of the position involve work in several areas, including:
* Music Procurement
* Music Preparation & Distribution
* Music Distribution
* Library Maintenance & Administrative
As a member of the Artistic Administration, the Orchestra Librarian position exists to support the work of the Music Director and the artistic vision of the Helena Symphony.
* superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
* ability and patience to spend time with detailed projects
* ability to plan weeks and months in advance
* strategic thinker with excellent planning and management skills
* significant ability to read music and familiarity with orchestral instruments,
with training in an instrument or voice
* ability to work independently and with teams of people
* highest integrity and ethical standards
* ability to develop and maintain a commitment to excellence, creativity, teamwork, and mutual respect
* appreciation for classical music and understands its value in the community
* excellent computer skills
* maintain a smart phone
* experience and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as task management applications
* Bachelor’s degree preferred (not required)
COMPENSATION & HOURS
The position requires 10 hours a week, and hours are flexible. The position requires working during some performance and rehearsal times, so some nights and weekends are required.
Salary: $15 per hour with paid holidays, paid sick leave, and paid vacation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a detailed resume, letter of application, and the contact information for at least three references to Director of Artistic Planning Katie Mason at [email protected] Candidates selected will interview with search committee and the Music Director. Applications will be considered until the position is filled, but applications received before 30 June 2018 will be given priority.