Don't miss your opportunity to be part of the music making.
The Director of Artistic Planning is the chief coordinator of all artistic activities, and serves as the:
- general manager of the Helena Symphony Orchestra
- executive assistant to the Music Director
- chief of staff for the Artistic Administration
As a senior member of the Artistic Administration, the Director of Artistic Planning coordinates concert production with other staff members, participates in artistic planning, and contracts all guest artists that perform with the Helena Symphony per the planning of the Music Director.
The position works with the staff to prepare the annual artistic budget, including the entire artistic operations budget, orchestra payroll, guest artist payroll, venue and operations expenses. The position also works with the Artistic Administration to coordinate rehearsals and personnel policies and serves on the negotiating committee that oversees the Master Agreement for the musicians of the Helena Symphony Orchestra.
The position serves as the principal contact for the Music Director, including administrator of the Music Director’s appointments, guest speaking engagements, public appearances, fund raiser events, travel schedule, correspondences, donor relationships, meetings, press interviews, and office hours.
The Development Coordinator works with the Music Director, Symphony staff, Development Committee, and Special Events Committee to: increase resource development for the Helena Symphony; oversee special events and projects that generate donors and revenue; and provide support for general Symphony operations.
- Assist with implementation of fundraising and resource development initiatives
- Work directly with the Development Committee and the Music Director
- Work with the Development Committee to increase Sponsorships (concert sponsors, musician sponsors, guest artist sponsors)
- Work with Season Partners (in-kind and trade relationships)
- Assist in maintaining current grants, including reporting and renewals
- Assist with grant research and new applications
- Oversee monthly Development Calendar & Development Plan
- Assist with donor management and communication, using Customer Relation Management database
- Assist with donor mailings, email communications, and donor events
- Work with the Special Events Committee on fundraising goals
- Assist with bookkeeping using QuickBooks
- Other duties as assigned